Who we are
Being a caller is the best job on campus! Calling Camels team members gain valuable work experience and enjoy convenient, on campus, evening work hours through assisting the Office of Annual Giving achieve its fundraising goals.
Each fall and spring semester, student call team members call alumni to share new information about Campbell, update alumni records, and invite alumni to support students through generous donations.
Applications are no longer being accepted for the spring semester. Please check back in the summer.
Who should join our team
- Current students who have an excitement for Campbell
- Students who like meeting new people and having conversations
- Students who want to serve in an important role for our University
- Those who want an enjoyable work environment
- Anyone who wants to make an impact on the Campbell experience
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must be able to commit to at least 6 hours a week/2 shifts a week. *Note: the first 2 weeks of training and meetings may average more than 6 hours
- Demonstrate strong verbal communication skills, including a clear, comfortable speaking phone voice
- Demonstrate an ability to work well in a team setting
- Demonstrate an ability to organize and present information in a concise and persuasive manner
- Attend all training sessions
- Arrive on time with positive attitude for all schedule shifts
- Gain an understanding of the University history, progress, and financial needs
- Communicate with Director of Annual Giving and other supervisors
- Contact alumni via phone
- Write legible and grammatically correct notes to alumni when required
- Accurately record results of telephone conversations
- Maintain expected levels of productivity (number of calls, pledges, etc.)
- Remain informed about Campbell news, events, activities, and resources
- Other duties as assigned
Department: Office of Annual Giving/Institutional Advancement
Position will be: Part-Time
Location: Alumni House
Shift/Hours: Monday-Thursday 6:00pm-9:00pm, 2 shifts a week required
For additional information, please call Alex Baumann, Assistant Director of Annual Giving at 910-814-5216 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.